What exactly is NTSE?
In India, the National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) was founded in 1963 as a national level scholarship programme. The purpose of the programme is to identify and develop gifted students. There include sections on science, social science, engineering, medicine, management, and law. It supports students in developing their mental powers and improving their minds. It is sponsored by NCERT and offers a monthly scholarship to outstanding students.
The NTSE exam is given to pupils in Class X by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT). The official NTSE website can be used to register. Stage I (State Level) and Stage II (National Level) are the two stages of the examination (National Level). The NTSE paper consists of two parts: Paper I (Mental Ability Test) and Paper II (Scholarly Aptitude Test) (SAT). There are various NTSE books for class 10 that may be used for practise, and at Prepnlearn, we have carefully developed NTSE batches with an NTSE Class X study bundle.
The State/UT quota shall be determined proportionally depending on the number of students in Classes IX and X. Individuals who choose to further education are offered scholarships under the existing arrangement.
What are the Benefits of Taking the NTSE Class 10th?
- Scholarship: The most significant benefit is that students who pass the NTSE exam are eligible for scholarships from the federal government. After clearing NTSE, you will get a sum. Rs. 1250 per month for your high school studies and Rs. 2000 per month for undergraduate and graduate levels. According to UGC standards, you can even get financial support at the PhD level. Students in the Science and Social Science streams are eligible for a scholarship up to the doctorate level, while students in professional courses are eligible for a scholarship up to the postgraduate level.
- Get Admission to Top Education Colleges in India: Some colleges reserve seats specifically for students with NTSE qualifications. The prestigious exam is the gateway to some of the best national and foreign institutions. NTSE fellows can pass the college entrance exam and enter college directly.
- Studying Abroad: Foreign universities and educational institutions are familiar with the NTSE olympiad scholarship exam, and will give priority to students who pass the exam. Therefore, if you are considering studying abroad or want to apply for a scholarship in the United States, you will definitely have an advantage over others.
- Confidence Booster: NTSE is a competitive exam and only 1,000 qualified students receive scholarships. Taking this exam requires perseverance and talent, and helps inspire confidence to face similar exams in the future. The test allows the student to know their position, points out strengths and weaknesses, and improves the student’s ability to understand basic concepts.
- Advantage During Job Interviews: When applying for a job interview, your resume labelled “NTSE Scholar” is an added bonus. NTSE academics also have priority in government work. In fact, it is also useful during the selection of the NDA interview.